Hello! I am so excited to meet all of you! I am Nicole Plymesser Nelson, a Christian artist fulfilling my dream to share my art as a ministry. Being able to share how art celebrates the beautiful world our Creator made has always been my goal, and illustrating and teaching here on Bible Stories from the Heart, is a perfect match! You can see more about my art and meet me in blog posts over at nicplynel.com--I post every week day. Because I paint like a crazy woman!
I have been creating art of one kind or another my whole life, and have always been drawn to quotes and calligraphy. My current art style and my blog grew out of my morning journal. For years, I sketched and painted, and starting in 1998, I kept a gratitude journal, writing down a few things each day to be thankful for, and my thoughts. Then in 2012, my battle with depression got worse. I discovered art journaling and I decided to make sure I would spend 15 minutes a day painting and drawing. As I painted more, and as God whispered healing words to me, the artwork poured out along with my faith. I decided to share some of the pieces on Facebook, and before I knew it, people were requesting more. Soon, I was blogging and selling prints on Etsy.
In addition to making art and writing I am a wife to Jeff my college sweetheart and soul mate. And mommy and teacher to 3 kids: Phoebe, Annika and Tanner. We homeschooled three years, but two are ready to go back to public in the fall.
Some real background nitty gritty:
1. I am the Midwest contingency for Bible Stories from the Heart. We live just southwest of Chicago.
2. I taught public school art (high school and elementary--my fave). Now I teach private lessons to kids in my home. And I offer faith journaling classes.
3. I grew up in small town Iowa, but moved lots (seven different states).
4. I cope with depression. I have had some really, really bad stints, and I am really, really good at hiding it, so most people are surprised by how bad I let it get. Along with meds, faith, and my painting I am moving forward mentally healthy.
5. I NEED color and sunshine. Seriously need it.
7. I am honest and my heart tends to be on my sleeve or leaking out of my eyes.
8. I love to sing and dance. And read.